Its fast-paced, its crazy, its loud, rarely a dull moment....that's the Ledinsky house on an average day. Take a peek inside Life as a Ledinsky.

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Rae Rae....off she goes!

My little Rae Rae is off tomorrow to kindergarten. On one hand, and definitely in her opinion, it is a long time coming.  There isn't a week gone by that she hasn't reminded me that she should be in first grade by now!!  The first gush of sadness came just the other day when she got out her soccer shoes and said, "Mom, I was with you when we bought these. We bought them at a store where we got Wyatt a soccer ball, too."
That's when it completely hit me. All those little errands, bike rides, playdates, lunches together are done for now.  Though little K Rae really pushes the buttons sometimes, it is going to be so sad to not have her here with me. But, oh goodness, is she ready for kindergarten. She actually thought she could just walk to school, by herself, with the boys tomorrow.  I said, "Mommies or daddies usually take their kindergartners for the first few days!"
She is so ready to follow her brothers and be a big kid.
I have come to tears as I look at her many times the past couple weeks. I just want to back up a month or so....just have a few more weeks.  But I know that even if that were possible; I'd just want a few more and a few more, when the big moment arrived.
I doubt that the tears I shed tonight will be the last, but I will follow Mrs. Iles instructions and "only cry in the hallway."
This, of course, is a bit different this year, because I give all 3 of them to school tomorrow morning. I hold comfort in that there will be another summer...in 9 months. And though I don't know where the next few months will take me, as I adjust, I do feel blessed to be at home with them, as I cannot get enough of their time right now. These young years are precious...and I am trying to enjoy each day.
I have to take this moment and process it as an end of an era....no more babies at home. I am grateful for the time we have had together this summer and the years past. This is a new chapter; an inevitable one.  Though its incredibly hard at this moment, I am so proud of Kenna Rae and can't wait to see what this year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment