Its fast-paced, its crazy, its loud, rarely a dull moment....that's the Ledinsky house on an average day. Take a peek inside Life as a Ledinsky.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kindergarten

Tomorrow is the big day for Wyatt.  Off to Kindergarten. Tonight at bedtime, we all gave him "advice" for his first day.
Mom ~ Be a good friend to everyone.  Use good manners.
Drake ~ Be nice to all the friends.
Kenna ~ I love you.

Wyatt asked if I remembered that Mrs. Iles gave me a red puff ball at open house last night to hold onto if I missed him.  I told him I remember.  He said he will miss us too.
I have thought this whole summer that this transition would not be too difficult because Wyatt has been so eager & excited, but it is really hard...as the last couple days he has talked more about missing us.  Hopefully, I am getting all my tears out now, because I do not want him to see me sad tomorrow, as I know that will worry him.  I know he will love it, and in a week or so, we will all be adjusted to him being gone 7 hours each day.  But wow, what a milestone, a transition, huge emotional roller coaster.  Of course, we all know when we have a child, that someday they will go off to kindergarten, so why does this sadness feel so sudden, so suffocating, and uncontrollable?  I know I will take comfort in Wyatt's positive, eager attitude once he wakes up tomorrow, ready for this big day he has been planning for so long.  My little guy, off to school, what a slice of life, and a moment I'll always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment